What is Advanced Standing? How do I know if I qualify?

The typical master’s degree program consists of the equivalent of 2 years’ full-time study.  Advanced Standing allows applicants to complete the full time MSW program in 1 year and the part-time DL MSW program in  2 years.

To qualify for Advanced Standing, applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in Social Work from a Council on Social Work Education accredited social work program. Unfortunately, we can not grant academic credit for professional experience in the social services.

The minimum requirements for admission to the Advanced Standing MSW Program are:

I don’t have a Native American Studies course. How do I find one?

The Department of Social Work offers SW 420: Decolonizing Social Work with Indigenous Peoples to any interested student or community member for the second 8 weeks of the Fall and Spring semesters. The course is a 1.5 unit online course offered through the College of eLearning Extended Education.  Students can call the office at (707) 826-3731 or VISIT THE CEEE WEBSITE to register.  Fees are due at the time of registration.  You are encouraged to look for eligible courses at community colleges near you or online.