BASW Application Process

Transfer students can apply to Humboldt and the Department of Social Work through Cal State Apply.  This is the official application system for all 23 campuses in the California State University.

For current Humboldt students (approaching 60 units of completion) and recently admitted to Humboldt transfer students, submit the BA Social Work Program ApplicationCurrent Humboldt students must fill out the supplemental application, please contact the Bachelors Director, Jen Maguire, jjm64@humboldt for more information.

All applications received after this date will be reviewed for admission on a space-available basis. After an application has been received, it is reviewed by faculty members to ensure that each applicant meets the general program requirements. The BA Social Work Program Director will notify you about your program status.

Please note that all accepted students will be required to attend an on-campus orientation the first week of the fall semester (includes Distance Learning students). Students in the online program must live in the state of California while they are in the social work program. 


For more information join an Information Session (held virtually) here or contact our Department office if you have questions: